It contains 5 sections:
● In the First he exposes the Castilian
marc and its weights. He teaches the silver alloys with the tables for high
and low silver alloys.
● In the Second he shows the gold weights
and how to make gold alloys with high and low amounts with tables done for this
● In the Third he deals with ways of assaying both metals (gold
● In the Fourth how silver is to be
examined and how the weights and measures are made for all maintenances
with table with the prices.
● In the Fifth he deals with the value
and knowledge of precious stones and pearls, with part of their virtues.
Qvilatador de la Plata, Oro, y Piedras
Compvesto por Ioan Arphe de Villafañe.
Imprenta de Alonso y Diego Fernādez de Cordoua.
Valladolid, Año 1572.